|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
|=== For all users ===||=== For All Users ===|
|Line 38:||Line 38:|
|=== for youself ===||=== For Yourself ===|
Custom Launcher for IntelliJ IDEA in Ubuntu Unity
I got few information/ideas, how to create custom launcher from:
You have to create a file .desktop to enable quick start (windows key) for ubuntu.
- for all users on your system
- just for you
For All Users
- First your application should be in a place, where every user can use it, like in /opt/.
extract and copy intelliJ to /opt/idea-IU/.
Create an <application>.desktop file in /usr/share/applications/.
- You might have to use root rights through sudo to create .desktop file at this place.
- create a intelliJ.desktop file with:
[Desktop Entry] Name=IntelliJ IDEA Version=16.1 Exec=/opt/idea-IU/bin/idea.sh Icon=/opt/idea-IU/bin/idea.png Terminal=false StartupNotify=true Type=Application Categories=Development;IDE;
- // mod permissions
sudo chmod 644 /usr/share/applications/intellij.desktop
sudo chown root:root /usr/share/applications/intellij.desktop
- know where your application is installed or stored
create a .desktop file in ~/.local/share/applications
- Java Frameworks:
- Build Tools:
- Web Development
all except for Flash/Flex
- Version Controls
- Test Tools
- Application Servers
- Database Tools
- Other Tools
- Plugin Development